Bedlam Aerosol Spray is a residual aerosol spray supplied by Pestrol Pro specially designed to control bed bugs, lice, ticks, fleas, and dust mites on contact. Bedlam aerosol spray may be used as for crack and crevice treatment and on and around baseboards, floorboards, headboards, and walls. This product is water-based and non-irritating, and so it can used to spot treat bedding and mattresses when controlling bed bugs. In addition, the product will not stain water-safe fabrics and surfaces. Bedlam aerosol spray is labeled for use in homes, apartments, schools, hotels and healthcare facilities.
- Bedlam aerosol spray kills bed bugs and their eggs.
- Up to 2 week residual on wood, ceramic surfaces and carpet.
- Reduces bed bug egg hatch in both susceptible and some resistant strains of bed bugs.
- For non-food areas of homes, hotels, apartments, nursing homes, schools, and other commercial sites.
- Water-based product won’t stain water-safe fabrics.
- Non-irritating to humans and animals.
- Broad label for flexible use
- BEDLAM Kills on contact and provides residual Control
- Can be applied to the mattres and box spring
- BEDLAM contains an insecticidal synergist to combat resistant bed bugs
- For indoor use in the home and non-food areas of restaurants, schools, nursing homes, warehouses, offices, apartments, hotels, motels, kennels, and hospitals
- Not for use on humans or animals
- Will not stain water-safe fabrics and surfaces
- Kills Bed Bugs on the edges of wood, ceramic surfaces and carpet for up to 2 weeks
- Reduces egg hatch in both susceptible and some resistant strains of Bed Bug eggs
- Kills on contact, with residual control
- Non-irritating, non-staining water-based formula
EPA Registration Number 1021-1767
Food Handling Not for use in food handling areas
Stability of Undiluted Product Not Applicable – aerosol
Stability of Diluted Product Not Applicable – aerosol
Appearance Milky, opaque white liquid (concentrate in can)
Odor Slight sweet smell
Active Ingredients Sumithrin, MGK 264
Flammability Contents under pressure
Mode of Action Sodium channel inhibitor – disrupts insects nervous system
Class of Chemistry Pyrethroid – insecticide synergist
Respirator Required Not required
Mix or Dilute in Not applicable – ready-to-use aerosol
Activity Contact kill, residual activity
- Test the surface first
- Bedlam aerosol spray will not stain water-safe fabrics and surfaces. To make sure a surface is water-safe, spray in an inconspicuous area to test for possible staining or discoloration.
- Check after spray has dried; if staining has not occurred, proceed to spray area to be treated.
Shake well before each use. Vacate room after treatment and ventilate before reoccupying. Spray only those garments, parts of bedding, including mattresses and furniture that cannot be either laundered or dry-cleaned. Allow sprayed articles
and surfaces to dry thoroughly before using or replacing bedding. Do not allow children or pets to contact treated areas until surface is dry.
Effective Bed Bug Application
For best results, in addition to treatment with Bedlam Insecticide, pest control professionals should include additional tactics such as those listed below.
- Conduct a thorough inspection to locate the infestation
- Be certain to look in any harborages that offer the bed bug isolation and darkness, such as:
– Behind wall hangings, pictures and mirrors
– Behind electrical switch plates
– In electronics such as radios and alarm clocks
– Under rugs and floor coverings
– In all nooks and crannies of nightstands
– All parts of beds – headboards, footboards, mattress, box springs, frame
- Remove and wash all bedding. Allow surfaces to dry thoroughly before using or replacing bedding.
- Reduce and remove clutter from the room
- Dispose of infested items that can be discarded
- Encase or bag articles that may be infested, but will not be laundered or discarded
- Remove bedding, clothing and other items that may be laundered or dry cleaned
- Wash and dry on “high heat” dryer setting to achieve a temperature of 185°
- Shake Bedlam aerosol spray well before each use.
- Remove protective cap.
- Aim spray opening away from person and push button to spray.
- Vacate room after treatment and ventilate before reoccupying.
- Do not allow children or pets to contact treated areas until surfaces are dry.