The Pestrol Snap Rat Traps are guaranteed to ensure that your rat problem is short lived. Humane, clean and easy to use, this rat trap is very effective.
With the Pestrol Snap Mouse/Rat Trap, it’s the end of the road for rats, gophers, chipmunks, ground squirrels and other pesky rodents. The quick response time makes certain that once caught, the rodent stays caught! Two pre-formed holes in the trap base allow for surface mounting. Fingers never touch the rodent.
Pestrol’s Guide to Rat/ Mice Infestations!
Do you have an infestation?
Rats are nocturnal and usually hide from humans, so the typical signs to look for in the home and garden are:
- Scratching noises in walls, under the floor or under decking as rats scurry around looking for food.
- Droppings – rats leave dark, tapered (sausage shaped) droppings about 1 – 2cm long.
- Distinctive smell – rats leave an ammonia-like smell that will be particularly strong in enclosed areas such as under cupboards, in loft spaces, garages, sheds or under decking.
- Damage – rats have teeth that grow continuously and gnaw on wood, plastic and even mild steel to keep them trim. Rats can even cause fires by chewing through cables and wiring.
- Ripped food packaging – rats will tear open all types of packaging to find food which may leave teeth marks.
- Nests – rats build nests in warm, hidden places using shredded material such as newspaper, plastic and fabrics. Nests will often contain young rats.
- Burrows – In gardens, rats will dig burrows especially in compost heaps or under sheds. They will also build nests under garden decking.
Why do you need to get rid of rats/mice?
Rats pose a significant health risk to humans and our pets. Common diseases carried by rats include Salmonella, Weil’s disease, E.coli, Cryptosporidiosis and Tuberculosis.
Rats also carry fleas, mites and ticks and can cause acute allergic reactions.
The Pestrol Snap Rat Traps are guaranteed to ensure that your rat problem is short lived.
How to create a first defence against rats and mice?
The first defence against a rat infestation is to proof your home. Young rats can get through holes of less than 1cm, so it is important to seal any holes and fit bristle strip around doors.
It is important not to attract rats with food – store food in strong air tight plastic or metal containers and regularly clean under cookers and fridges.
In the garden, ensure household refuse is kept in closed bins, do not put meat into compost heaps and use squirrel-proof bird feeders, clearing up any food that is spilt. If you have pets in the garden, ensure food bowls are removed after feeding.
Rats can also come up from sewers through broken pipes – it is important to ensure that all pipe-work is kept in good order.
Why DIY Products?
DIY products are cost effective and work well against rats and mice, please look at our entire range of traps and repellers to ensure you keep your family safe all year round.