Stainless Steel Skirt Bird Kit – 30M
Stainless Steel Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit is a durable mesh kit that protects your solar panels from potential damage from rodents and birds. If you want a good and affordable solution to all of these issues, then this product is right for you. We have been selling these mesh kits for more than 5 years. We have been asked to provide a higher grade product for more commercial use and we finally have our new variety as part of our Solar Panel Kits. A Stainless Steel #304 wire mesh installed around the perimeter of the solar panels will prevent damage to wiring, corrosion to your roof and stop animals including birds and rodents living under your solar panels. Backed with a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty against faulty or defective parts. Sadly warranty will not cover incorrect installation.
Our Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit securely protects your solar panels without damaging or voiding panel warranty.
Features a new smaller locking nut for a more discreet installation.
Please check our other solar mesh kit range.
Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit Contains:
1 x 30m roll stainless steel wire mesh
Width is 21cm
100 x Commercial Fasteners for the 30m roll
Solar Panel Mesh Kit Installation Guide
Tools required: Gloves metal snips and pliers.
- Place provided clips with every 30-40cm along the underneath of the solar panel frame and pull tight.
- Roll out the solar panel mesh and cut it into manageable 2metre lengths for easier handling. Position the mesh in place, making sure the fastening rod points upwards so it keeps a downward pressure on the mesh to create a firm barrier to the roof. Allow the bottom to flare out and curve along the roof, this will ensure rodents and birds cannot access under the mesh.
- Attach the fastening washer and push firmly to the end to tightly secure the mesh.
- When joining the next section of mesh, overlay approximately 10cm and join the 2 pieces with cable ties to create a complete barrier.
- For outer corners; cut upwards from the bottom until the bend point. Cut a section of mesh to cover any gaps using cable ties to fix the corner piece in place.
- For inner corners: cut the mesh upwards from the bottom until the end point, secure any overlay sections together using cable ties.